Saturday 6 January 2007

my first post (i'm just so blessed!)

There's been this desire to blog for quite some time now, but i never took it seriously as i've always considered it a phenomenon of the "younger generation"... there, i almost revealed my age!! And, what would i hope to achieve my putting my thoughts on the internet?

Anyway, the desire grew, and with it, the purpose of blogging became clearer to me when i talked to God about this.

Moreover, when i mentioned it to a few people over the last half a year, just in passing, they encouraged me (thanks, people, you probably be the first few to read this). The younger of my 2 brothers even helped start me off by showing me the "ropes" of blogging.

I'm really blessed. My other brother helped purchase the equipment on which i'm typing my blog. He did the research as if he were buying for himself. Kevin bought it as a birthday/ christmas gift for me. My parents even got in on the act by paying for the upgrades together with this brother and my sister-in-law. Wow! What more can i ask for? I no longer have to wait my turn at home...

I'm so thankful to God for all the wonderful things in my life.
As i entered into this new year, there's been a renewed sense of purpose in my life. I am more sure than ever that my God is a God who will fulfill His Word and His Promise in my life.

16 of us (ages ranging from 16-70) started the year together at a watchnight prayer meeting (11pm on 31 Dec 06 to 1.30am on 1 Jan 07). Our last overnight prayer meeting was like 6-8 years ago...when a couple of young ladies were the full time ministry personnel leading our congregation. It was a great time of sharing and worship and prayer. The presence of God just swept over us like waves - of assurance, of love, of strength, of purpose. Sweet and strong!

Even as we waited on Him, He spoke to my heart about following Him step by step and not going ahead of Him. He will show us even the strategies to take to accomplish the plan He has shown us. We need to spend time with Him. And indeed He has shown us His plan for our lives (and even our church) - even if it's just glimpses of it...so far.

Hallelujah! Indeed, we are blessed with EVERY spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus! (Eph 1:3)

3 comments:

Daryl Goh said...

So sweet colours!!! Very inspiring words!! So can I start to link you?
Haha!!

Pat Chiang said...

Lyn you have a blog too!!! Hahaa... was a little surprised and had to double confirm that it's u. Way to go.. don't worrie, blogging is not just for the youngsters, but its also for those who are young at heart. =P
So continue to blog with passion ya!!!..

pureheart said...

thanks, Pat, for your enthusiastic support... really warms my "young" heart... :D

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker