Sunday 8 April 2007

Hallelujah! Jesus is ALIVE!

Today is Easter Sunday. It's always been special because we commemorate Jesus' resurrection. Okay, i agree everyday is special and every day we can rejoice just because He lives, and He lives in me - Christ in me, the hope of GLORY.
Well, some days are more special. :D
I used to enjoy waking up early on Easter Sundays for sunrise services. I'm basically an early bird... no night owl at all, except on rare nights such as these when i'm working on something (i don't mean just my blog). Anyway, i remember going for sunrise services at least 3 times in my life on Easter mornings - once on the rooftop of a church, once at Singapore Bible College, another time in a church sanctuary.
And i would get really excited because it reminded me so much of the women who went early to Jesus' tomb, but found it empty. At that time, because of their ignorance, they were initially distraught.
This empty tomb signifies so much to us today - that Jesus is no longer to be found among the dead. He has RISEN! Hallelujah!
This makes ALL the difference in our lives.
Galatians 2:20 says Christ lives in us!
And there's a song that goes: you ask me how i know He lives, He lives within my heart.
It's such sweet joy to know He lives and is seated at the right hand of God, having triumphed over death, sin, sickness and poverty.
You are so so good, Lord!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker