Saturday 11 August 2007

furnished intensively

Part of my bible reading "jumped out" at me today -

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete (perfect), thoroughly equipped (furnished intensively so that there is no room left for improvement) for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17 - NKJV + my own notes)

So we need not be concerned or anxious that we cannot do what God has called us to do, or that we cannot make it or are not good enough. Instead we turn to the Word of God which has the power to equip and enable, because His Word contains His life and essence.

See entry dated 19 June which explains how we are His living epistles because when we were born again, we become a new creation which can contain His nature and we have the ability to walk in Him. The old has passed away, the new has come. (my paraphrase of 2 Corinthians 5:17)

ONE WORD from God can change our lives!

So the conclusion is:

"Be diligent to present your self approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

I'm going to acquaint myself more and more with the Word of God, which reveals His nature and is like my study guide for life. When i read His Word, i not only discover who God is, but also who I am in relationship to God and what He has done for me, and of course, what i am supposed to do in my life (enabled and empowered by the very life and essence of God contained in His WORD)!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker