Thursday 21 August 2008

touched

I was very touched by my students' concern when i was not well yesterday.

I actually fainted on the table 15 minutes before lesson ended - quietly, and i hope, elegantly, (haha!) so that no one actually noticed. Some of the boys thought i had fallen asleep. At the end of the lesson, when i was weakly telling them to log off and return headsets, I quickly informed them that i fainted, because it would not do to have it going round the school that a teacher fell asleep in class. Fainting is a lesser evil. :D

The next class i had was unusually well-behaved though some still whispered to one another. The week before, they were loudly teasing each other.

Even students i had scolded for misbehaving in class came over to ask me how i was, and some offered, in jest, i think, to call for the ambulance. One even told the Operations Manager of the school, but thank God he did not come up to ask after me. Whew! That would have been too embarrassing.

God allowed me to see this sweet side of them, and i love them all the more.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker