Sunday 21 September 2008

8 testimonies from seminar participants

On the last day of the seminar which was on grace and holiness, there were eight participants who came up to share their testimonies. Some of them had a preaching anointing! They got really excited about the Word of God and a few started preaching... :D

3rd year bible school student:

I am really encouraged by the following scriptures: Psalm 103:3 and 1 Peter 2:24. When i read this, i received healing. I was a little sick but now i am healed.
I was encouraged by Colossians 1: 11 too. I was weak but now i am strengthened. I learn how to rejoice in the Lord.
I thank God for the privilege of sharing my testimony and also for attending this seminar.

a church planter with 6 children based outside of the city:
I used to force my church members to read the bible when they became believers but now i want to show them they wonderful promises in the Bible so that they become excited to read His Word.
I also realise that we need God's favour and grace to minister, without which we cannot fulfill God's work.
I also learnt that patience is needed to wait for His plan. I am encouraged not to give up but to continue waiting on the Lord.

another church planter
i was born again in 1979, and at first i enjoyed reading the word of God. At that time I was a school teacher. However, for about a period of 10 years, i did not know God's way. I am so glad that we can know God's way as shown in 1 Timothy 2:4. God showed me that He wanted me to serve Him.
At this seminar, i learnt that grace is not just for salvation but for all aspects of life.
And just like a husband and wife do things for each other because you love each other, we respond and do things because we love God.
Let us focus on God's Grace and respond to His Grace. I am so encouraged by what i learnt about His Grace.

yet another church planter
At this seminar, i understand about the ministry gifts and serving gifts and spiritual gifts which i never understood before. I started an orphanage in 2007, but was a little confused about God's gifts and callings. There was some difficulty in obtaining food for the children. Last year, i also got into debt because i borrowed some money. God mercifully brought me through, and now i returned the money in full. I will continue to depend on His grace which is sufficient for me.

a bible school student
we are often told to have patience, but most of us fail. I have learnt to be patient with the Grace of God and not with my own strength. Patience is the key to fulfilling God's plan and purpose of our lives. If we give up, we will miss His timing and not receive His promise

bible school instructor
I have learnt so much about His grace. This seminar help me understand that we can serve the Lord with the grace that He gives.

pastor of a small church
i am encouraged by this reminder that we can stand and live because of His grace. As a pastor i often encourage my members to read the Word and obey, but they don't do that for long. So now i will aske them to depend on God's grace.
I learnt about patience in Galatians - that our inner being needs to be strengthened with His grace so that we can continue with His work.
I was encouraged that Abraham waited 25 years for Isaac; Moses waited 40 years in the desert; Christ Himself waited till He was 30. I have only been at my church for 3 years, and i become impatient with some of my members and with how things are going. I will continue in His strength and grace from now on, and not depend on my own flesh.

oldest participant at seminar
i learnt that satan is under our feet and that he is already defeated, so i can become bold. Even in my old age, i look forward to learning His word. My youth is renewed because of the life and love contained in the Word of God.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker