Wednesday 31 December 2008

farewell 2008!

Looking back at 2008:

It's been a year of transitions and adjustments, but these were smoothed and made easy because of God's grace.

My husband and i stepped out of admin work at a bible school office in obedience to what God was showing us to do. This was quite a major step as besides telling us to focus on teaching, and assuring us He will provide, no other information was given.

Still, we moved forth in obedience. We knew there was going to be a transition before it took place, but we did not do anything till we heard when. I still remember God telling me during worship in church that my last day would be 6 June.

Everything fell into place, and His timing was perfect. We prayed for good people to take over, and He answered.

We continued waiting on Him for the next steps. And He brought assignments to our doorstep, and provided for our needs way beyond our imagination. He is indeed faithful to His promise.

This morning, just as i was getting up, Matthew 6:33 came to me.

I'll quote from the amplified version:

But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

We are in the world, but not of the world. I believe that because of the promise in this verse, believers are 'recession-proof'. I'm not boasting in me. I'm boasting in God's ability to provide for me.

I'm not being selfish, thinking of me only. I'm blessed to be a blessing. Because my God is Jehovah Jireh, my needs will be more than abundantly supplied, and i have enough to give to others in need.

Praise the Lord! And this is just one testimony of His goodness to me in 2008...

:D

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker