Monday 26 December 2011

2011 christmas message

I listened to an encouraging message of hope on Christmas Day.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

It was a reminder of
God's love for each and everyone of us.

The following are my own reflections on Isaiah 9:6, inspired by Ps P Morrison's message.

As Wonderful Counselor, His wisdom is available to all who come to Him. We often depend on ourselves but if we appropriate His Wisdom, we see through His eyes, beyond our own human perspective.

As Mighty God, God can accomplish the impossible, the difficult, the unimaginable. As Mighty God, He chooses to set things right, removing obstacles in the process.

The one which most touched me was everlasting Father. This aspect of His nature speaks of a relationship. If there is father, there must be children. He is MY Abba Father. He not only provides for me, heals me, takes care of my needs, but He loves me. He knows me fully, AND loves me completely. He wants to spend time with me. I'm amazed by this Heavenly Father whom Jesus came to reveal.

Finally, the Prince of Peace not only brought reconciliation between God and man, but wholeness in every aspect of the life of the believer.

Thank you, Lord for this beautiful scripture which gives me courage and hope and i reflect on 2011, and surge on to 2012!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker