Monday 24 December 2007

dealing with the flesh

I just came back from a teaching trip with hubby. I praise God that we broke through to a higher level of ministry. We worked well in the team of 6 which included the locals. God showed us who was supposed to lead the service, thus humbly submitting to one another in love.

It's interesting that when i wanted to move higher in the spiritual realm, i have had to deal with some "flesh" issues. i noticed that some of these thoughts come to me only when i am in that country. But no more.
It was somewhat easier this time than the last. I just had to put my flesh under, and to choose to think good and lovely thoughts according to Phil 4:7. He has given me victory.

When i actually made the choice to focus on things above, it became easy. His grace was sufficient for me. It was really not my effort. My part was to have self-control and have my will choose to do His word, to obey Him. And i could choose because i (flesh) have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer i who live (flesh) but Christ who lives in me (in my spirit), and the life which i now live, i live by faith in the Son of God. So it's by faith in His grace, His provision of victory for me. (paraphrase of Gal 2:20)

Actually, even the desire is from Him. So i was able to deal with the thoughts and be able to focus on things above. Praise God!


He has given me victory. I don't have to be overwhelmed by my fleshly desires; i can choose to be led by the spirit!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker