Wednesday 9 April 2008

my aunt

My aunt gave a touching eulogy at my cousin's wake on the second and final evening. She shared that she never regretted having my cousin as her daughter in spite of what happened. She had learnt about love and forgiveness as some around her avoided them or questioned whether the parents had sinned, resulting in her daughter being in such a state.

She spoke of how her daughter always smiled at them, just like her father, and how she saw her as her pure and lovely angel whom God had gifted them with.

I admire and respect my aunt for how she has triumphed in these challenges.

It is not easy to lose two loved ones within the family in 7 months. It will take her and her second daughter some time to get over it. I remember losing my 3 grandparents within 7-8 months, and it took me a couple of years before i stopped crying at movies featuring death of a loved one, and at festive occasions. It will probably be more intense for them as they are grieving the loss of their husband/father, and daughter/sister.

But it will be just as she cried out in faith: "God help me, I know you will."

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker