Thursday 12 June 2008

what i want to do and what God wants me to do

I found the following assignment i wrote in early 2005 (this was a few months before i graduated) as i was clearing my desk at the office.

what i want to do
i love to sing. From a teenager, i had wanted to go round the world to sing for God. I wanted to see people come forward to confess Jesus as Lord and give their lives to Him, to serve Him.
Recently I have begun to see myself teaching and preaching, making disciples in Singapore and in other countries in Asia. I've started teaching and discipling in small groups and even one-on-one. I love speaking life and hope into situations which are hopeless, and into people so needy of the truths which are found in God's word.

what God wants me to do
God wants me to be in Bible School at tis time to prepare myself for the work He has pre-ordained for me to do.
I believe He has called me to be in my local church to be a discipler of younger women.
He has shown me a couple of things to do after i graduate, so i will be obedient to do them. There are some things in my heart to do, like going to teach in other countries, but now may not be the time yet...

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker