Friday 30 January 2009

are you desperate enough?

At prayer school yesterday, I heard this in my spirit:
"Are you desperate enough?
It is not about being desperate for your own desires.
It is about being desperate for God's plans and will to be fulfilled for your life, for Him to bring to pass what HE wants for your life."

I quickly wrote it down in my diary as the words impacted me. In fact, a dear friend and i were briefly talking, just the day before, amongst other things, about whether we were desperate for our desires.

I had no immediate response then. I only knew that whatever desires i had could not overshadow my desire to fulfill God's plans for my life. I had learnt through the years, to continue believing that God's Word will ALWAYS be fulfilled. I had learnt to be joyful in ALL circumstances, even in the midst of trials, challenges and disappointment. I depended on His grace to help me live in order to impact lives around me.

I have seen some whose desires remain unfulfilled become bitter, resentful, ineffective, behaving as though God or the world owed them something. They became desperate, oblivious to God's abundant blessings, till they receive the fulfillment of their desires, often by their own effort, or give up in despair, wallowing in self-pity and the pain of disillusionment.

I prayed that i would never walk that path.

Now, I believe that God is showing me that it is okay to be desperate for His plans to be fulfilled in my life. This is a wonderful revelation to me: that His desire is to fulfill mine. When i know that our desires coincide, in a unity of purpose, it is okay to be desperate for my desire to be fulfilled.

It had always been my prayer that I will know His will, and that my will is to do His. I had always submitted my own desires to Him. Now my Lord is saying that His will is to fulfill my desire. So be desperate for its fulfillment!

Wow! Isn't that a tremendous demonstration of the love my God has for me??!!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker