Monday 2 February 2009

Jesus the very Name

I'm reading a book recommended by my brother - Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. My brother loved the book. I think it's a guy thing... cos the book is written by a guy. I found it slightly self-indulgent till i came to page 114, and what he said before that made sense as he was painting a scenario, a background forming who he is, and how he thought and behaved.

From page 114, his comments about our relationship with God made sense, and i began to understand why he did what he did, though i may not understand all that he did. Still, what he said made sense.

So whilst i took 2 days to read till page 114, i took only half a morning to read till page 233, where he quoted an anecdote of Bill Bright, which shook me to my very core.

This shaking to my very core has been happening quite frequently in the past weeks. I've been listening to a chinese song about surrender and loving God called yi sheng ai ni from streams of praise (zan mei zhi quan) about 100 times in the past month, and impacted by the lyrics. Just heard another song yesterday afternoon which brought me to tears and almost on my knees (my head was bowed to my knees as i sat on my sofa)- also in Chinese, about impacting the world with his light in me and no turning back. Shaken

Back to the anecdote:
Dr Bill Bright was asked a final question in an interview of successful ministry leaders (about what they were doing and why what they were doing was working) - what did Jesus mean to you. Dr Bright could not answer the question. Instead, he just started to cry. A big man, full of life, who listened without shifting his eyes, sat there in his big chair behind his big desk and wept.

I don't know about you, but i was shaken yet again. I want to know Jesus more and more, like he knew Jesus, that he could cry at the very mention of His NAME.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker