Sunday 28 June 2009

sermon notes 4 - peace in turbulent times

I heard this message a few months back when we attended a friend's church.

We have peace in turbulent times (John 14:1,26)
1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

This is because
  1. we know where we are going
  2. the Father loves us
  3. we have the promises of God that we shall overcome:
  • we will do what others cannot do - even greater things than what Jesus did
  • we will not suffer any lack (John 13: 13-14) - those who trust and obey Him will not suffer lack
13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.

- obey = love Jesus (John 14:21a- He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. )
- love Jesus = loved by Father (John 14:21b - And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.)
- loved by the Father = Father will be with you (John 14:23 - Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.)
  • we will not be alone (John 16:13)
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker