Wednesday 17 June 2009

things above

I often hear from God early in the morning, those moments between sleeping and waking. I've to make effort to remember and quickly note down what was being said, or else it's easy to just forget everything...

The following is what i remember hearing:

I woke up this morning and had a conversation with the Holy Spirit. He started the conversation first. I heard Him asking me to set my heart on things above and not on things below. I started to bargain with Him but knew that that was not being willing and obedient, that was not pleasing Him. So i started to change my attitude. Then He went on to show me the specific steps i could take to accomplish this in this phase of my life.

Then i saw Him (in my spirit, not in a vision) turn away as if to leave, so since we were on a roll here, i quickly asked Him about another issue i had been praying and believing for some time, and He said He was taking care of it. I told Him i was tired of waiting (since the previous evening i had been saying that in my mind and to hubby). What i heard in reply was if you wait on Me, you will never be tired. Once again, I didn't especially like the answer, as i would have preferred to know a more specific response, such as the date... But i understood. If i waited on Him, His word does promise that i will renew my strength according to Isaiah 40:31.

So i will purpose to set my heart on things above, and i will purpose to wait on Him.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker