Saturday 16 January 2010

what God just did

i'm just amazed at what God just did at prayer meeting last night.

His love for the church is so great He visited us. I did not seem to be able to prepare anything for the teaching session. I'm not sure whether this was God's intention in the first place, or a lack of my waiting on Him. I did ask Him but perhaps did not spend enough time. But really, it is not about me, but God.

I continued to focus on God as I went about my tasks and appointments that afternoon, though my mind was coming up with different angles i could take at the prayer meeting regarding the teaching. I did mull over Ephesians 4 about equipping the body of Christ the most, and that did come up during the 'inspired utterances' in tongues and interpretation, and also just in English.

The presence of the Lord washed over us like a river when we started worshiping. The worship leader sensed His presence so strongly, that he changed the entire order of songs, there and then, directly entering into the flow of His sweet refreshing.

It was in the second or third song, the refrain: "Lord, have your way in me" leapt out at me. I'm not sure whether all who were there 'picked this up' in their spirit. I did, and i believe the worship leader did. And some of us just sang this phrase repeatedly for a while. This became the cry of our hearts for our lives, for our ministries, for our church.

The exhortation i felt in my heart for the people, especially the leaders of the church (including cell leaders) was that they must carry out the agenda of the Lord, not their own agenda or pet project. They must hear from the Lord and then obey what He has put in their hearts to do. His plan is foremost and is that which will work.

Secondly, everyone in the church had a specific role to play, and they were to obediently step into that role. No one is deemed greater or lesser than the next person. No one can substitute another. Each had been given their own gifts and callings, and were to hear from the Lord as they waited on Him to discover or uncover what they are.

Another young man had the scripture passage from Proverbs 4:20-24 (NKJV) and exhorted the people to guard their hearts and focus on the Word of God which will guide them -

My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;
For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.
Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.

Another person exhorted the members to 'hook up' with the Holy Spirit, depending on Him for direction and wisdom, and not on their own thinking or their own minds.

Tremendous start to prayer meeting in 2010.

We continued to pray for leaders and the pastor corporately, and then had a brief sharing on various church concerns, complete with testimony from a new believer whose smoking habit, which he had been attempting to quit on his own for months and months, just disappeared overnight, the desire to smoke no longer existed, and whose ulcers had been healed. This was followed by group prayer.

Amazing grace of God!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker