Sunday 14 March 2010

prayer school series 2010 - part 1 (Reflections regarding prayer from Nehemiah)

Nehemiah turned to God for guidance regarding the wall of Jerusalem that had been broken down. He was sad but did not despair and was not despondent.

Hebrews 4:16

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Nehemiah was covered under the Old Covenant but we are in the New Covenant. We are people with the Spirit of God in us. How much more will our prayers prevail!

Nehemiah 1:4

When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.

1. Nehemiah did not despair in the face of obstacles but always went to God in pray. He took time to listen to the Lord and repented before the Lord.

Nehemiah 2:4

The king said to me, "What is it you want?" Then I prayed to the God of heaven,

2. He prayed when the king asked him what he wanted.

Nehemiah 2:12

I set out during the night with a few men. I had not told anyone what my God had put in my heart to do for Jerusalem.

3. He told no one – it was between him and God.

Nehemiah 2:12-17

4. Even though there was something brewing, he waited for God’s timing.

Nehemiah 2:20

I answered them by saying, "The God of heaven will give us success....”

5. He was ready to give an answer when questioned.

Like Nehemiah, we can depend on the wisdom of the Lord. When we do that our mind is freed up and things becomes clearer.

In prayer time, the Lord begins to download His plans to us. He smoothens the path and prepares the way for us.

PRAYER is SO SO SO important!

(notes taken by a student when i taught the above at prayer school.)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker