Monday 21 March 2011

in spirit and in truth

I've been drawn to spending more and more time in His presence these few weeks.

It could be due to the fact that I've been teaching quite a lot since the beginning of this year, so i needed more time to prepare myself.

It could be due to my spending much time in meditating on healing scriptures.

I've replaced some of my recreation time with reading. I still need to work on this area.

I'm also praying more with various groups - my parents, our pastor and his wife (who married us) and another couple, women faculty members, a group of friends, and of course at prayer school or school/faculty prayer meetings, and with hubby. These different groups have various focuses (foci) when we pray together, but it's always a joy to just pour our hearts to the Lord, as well as pray out what the Holy Spirit shows us to pray.

And i've seen radical changes in the way i teach and minister since the beginning of this year.
  1. I'm sensing more strongly the prompting of the Spirit to share certain stories or anecdotes or scriptures, and people testify how that sharing helps them in their walk with God.
  2. I'm sensing the flow of the Holy Spirit, and what He wants to do in our lives, and just allow Him to flow and minister through words of encouragement, words of wisdom, tongues and interpretations, song and prayer, yielding our hearts in surrender to His leading.
  3. I'm sensing God's desire to heal hearts and bodies - either through a brief, sharp pain in different parts of my body, or just a word of knowledge, followed by the gift of healing flowing through me or just present in the atmosphere we are in. I've seen instant healings taking place in my classes.
  4. I'm sensing a strong call to obedience and surrender, a deep yearning to rejoice in thanksgiving, and a deeper understanding and awareness on our part of the power and might God has already given us so that we walk in victory in EVERY area of our lives.
There's MORE. God shows me THERE IS MORE.

There is a greater need to depend on Him, to spend time with Him in His presence and His Word, in order to allow His power and might to constantly flow through me, and to hear more clearly and accurately His instructions.

I am aware i am the righteousness of God, but i have also become more aware that i need to live out that righteousness.

In James 5:16b (AMP), we are taught that

The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].

Here the word righteous in original Greek is dikaios (pronounced dik'-ah-yos) - Strong's #1342

1) righteous, observing divine laws

1a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

Divine power has been made available to us. As we seek the Lord earnestly in prayer, this tremendous power is dynamic in its working, setting the captives, the oppressed, the sick FREE!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker