Wednesday 20 February 2008

delight yourself in the Lord

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

My part is to delight myself in the Lord. How do i do that? I spend time in His presence, in His word, and be happy in Him, the last of which takes place as a result of the former two.

His part is to give me the desires of my heart, which of course changes even as i spend time with Him, so that my desires are after His own heart. It's all quite exciting really... because then i would want things which are not only aligned to His will, but also good for me, and good for the Kingdom of God. So lofty right? But it's all really simple in how these things come together.

Some of us are waiting for things that He has placed in our heart to come to pass. What do we do in the meantime? Delight ourselves in Him... that's what the Holy Spirit is showing me to do.

Continue to praise Him instead of wondering how long it takes. This demonstrates our trust in Him, who has never failed us and would never fail us.

Continue to seek Him, and He will continue to show you of things to come.

Continue to spend time in His word, and your mind will be renewed, attitudes changed, life transformed, conforming to His will and His image and His plan for your life.

Delight yourself in the Lord means be blessed and happy in His presence.

Start now! :D

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker