Tuesday 19 February 2008

a heart of expectation

I'm looking forward to prayer meeting this friday. J's gonna lead and she's already started preparing i believe... We'll just enjoy the presence of the Lord.

I learnt yesterday that prayer was being in the presence of God, and in the presence of God there is joy forevermore. George Mueller puts it this way:

I saw more clearly than ever, that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not, how I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord; but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man may be nourished.... I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God and to meditation of it.

This is certainly biblical. John wished his beloved readers the same thing in 3 John 2:

Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers.

Back to prayer meetings, Ps came up to me on the Sunday after the January prayer meeting and said that it was such a good time of prayer, and the people were actually praying. (Please see earlier entry on 'throw down your rod' where i recorded what took place at that prayer meeting). Praise the Lord!

So we're gonna get happy! And it's gonna be well with us in every way! We're gonna get down to praying what God has placed in our heart. Things are gonna change! His plans will be fulfilled in our lives and in our church!

Prayer lays hold of God's plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth. (!!!!!) Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit's prayer. ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Amen!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker