Tuesday 7 October 2008

speaking life!

In June this year, I was asking God about having people whose lives i can speak as most of my mentoring relationships or ladies that i used to have bible study with are moving on in life - having babies, being married to spouses who attend or pastor another church.

Within a couple of months of this request, my church pastor approached me to mentor/disciple/ conduct bible study with 2 girls in their late teens. I was really excited at how God brought this about. He placed the desire within me, and then fulfilled it. How amazing is that!!

We were supposed to start in October and meet once a fortnight.

I had a good time meeting with 2 young girls last Thursday - a little awkward initially as first time meetings can be. Soon we got to talking like old friends, with just a few pauses here and there. We talked about expectations of our mentoring relationship, their walk with God, answered questions they had and also what they wanted to do after their "A" levels.

Our next meeting will be next Friday. We will spend a portion of the meeting doing a bible study on life purposes. I am looking forward to it!

I like them. I pray they learn more and more about You, and as they know You, they will make good decisions led by Your Spirit; that they will experience Your love more and more and be secure in their identity in Christ.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker