Wednesday 5 November 2008

November

I love November.

First, it's the month when i was born, and my mum had just come home from her birthday celebration with her family when her water bag burst. I was born the next day. We always have joint celebrations, usually on her birthday. Mum comes first, you see! hehe...

Two years ago, on my birthday, i decided to be less focused on self, and talked to God about helping people on my birthday. It was part of my journey to be more others-oriented, putting others' interests first. At that time, i was a tiny wee litte bit sad about people not remembering my birthday. As one grows older, we don't really celebrate in a big way... The gregarious part of me missed having the multiple cakes with colleagues, cell group, family, and other friends. Still, it is just lovely having a double celebration with mum and family, and then a private little celebration with hubby... (grin)

Last year, i was joyful because of this re-orientation in my attitude. I met up with friends at different times in November, just enjoying their company, and speaking into their lives while they spoke into mine. They did not even know it was my birthday.

This year, the Lord also sent a few people my way who needed my help. And, on the 2nd day of November, during my time with God, I was reminded of this prayer i made 2 years ago.

I am editing a thesis for a brother in church - about 70+ pages so far has been sent. More to come...
I just helped a girl finish her literature project just last Sat/Sun.
With my parents, I visited an elderly couple (the wife fell and her hip and wrist sustained hairline fractures) to pray for them and cheered them up.

And November had just started.

I love November... as it leads to December - which is my favourite month of the year. November is a close second.

We celebrate Christ's birth in December.
I was married in December.
I have wonderfully pleasant memories of many trips (S Africa, Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania, China, Myanmar, New Zealand - my favouritest place; honeymoon destination) made in December.
December is a time of thanksgiving and reflection for the year past.
And December is full of promise and excitement for the year to come.

How not to give thanks to God??!!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker