Saturday 8 November 2008

our God is amazing!

My prayers, together with the prayers of others, regarding the situation i wrote about earlier this week, has been answered.

Later on Thursday morning (after the early morning entry), i was reminded of this verse from Psalm 50:23.

Whoever offers praise glorifies Me;
And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God.”
(NKJV)

I checked on the meaning of salvation in the original Hebrew later in the day:
yesha‛ or yêsha‛: liberty, deliverance, prosperity: - safety, salvation, saving.

How do we order our conduct aright? We make a choice (with our will) to live according to the Word of God. The Holy Spirit shows us how to apply His Word to our lives, and what specifically to do. God's grace enables us to what the Holy Spirit reveals. This is not difficult when we depend on His grace.

At prayer school too, as we praised God, I remember laughter rising on the inside of me. I brought this situation to the Lord, and began to praise Him according to Philippians 4: 6.

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. (AMP)

Thereafter, the peace from God enveloped me.

It only threatened to leave when instead of praising God that same evening as i shared with a family member, I began to complain about some of the aspects i had experienced. My conscience pricked me, and i set it aright by a simple sms to that member, and then repenting before the Lord, once again making the adjustment to the Word of God.

Praise God that He turned around the situation which involved the input of many, and could have impacted quite a few people negatively. Within 4 days, it has been resolved.

Our God is an amazing God. He often does above and beyond what we can think or imagine. His promises are Yes and Amen in Christ.

In retrospect, i had sensed the victory even as i prayed this morning. The feeling was no longer one of urgency and heaviness. And again, when i remembered just before lunch, there seemed to be a peace in my spirit. Very unlike Wednesday evening, and early Thursday morning.

I have learnt through this, amongst other things that have been happening, and what the Holy Spirit has been showing me, that:
  • when we seek Him, He will be found of us;
  • when we ask Him regarding plans and purposes, He will reveal to us
  • when we obey His promptings and instructions, He will change the situation and atmosphere around us
  • when we pray according to His will, He will see to it that our prayers are answered
  • when we don't know His will, we ask and we look into the word of God which contains His will
  • when we have finished praying, just stand in faith, believing He will fulfill His word.
FINALLY, PRAISE HIM that He will show His salvation and deliverance!

YOUR LOVE IS AMAZING

Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging

Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery, how You gently lift me
When I am surrounded, Your love carries me

Chorus
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing

Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing deep inside of me
Every time I see You, all Your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song, rising up in me

Bridge
Yes, You make me sing
Lord, You make me sing, sing, sing
How You make me sing

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker