Sunday 19 April 2009

Prayers from Scripture

I came across these scriptures in my old handphone. (I just upgraded mine -- free! I love my shiny new red and silver handphone/music-shuffler! Yay!)

I believe i was preparing for prayer school, and these were some of the scriptures i used as reference. Like Paul who prayed regularly and consistently for the church, his spiritual children, we can pray for ourselves and those in our families and cell and church and workplaces to grow in Christ, being FULLY formed in Him, and He in us!

God's WORD is powerful - these words are LIFE and they are SPIRIT!

Galatians 4:19

My little children, for whom I am again suffering birth pangs until Christ is completely and permanently formed (molded) within you,

Philippians 1:3-11
3I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. 4In every prayer of mine I always make my entreaty and petition for you all with joy (delight). 5[I thank my God] for your fellowship (your sympathetic cooperation and contributions and partnership) in advancing the good news (the Gospel) from the first day [you heard it] until now. 6And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. 7It is right and appropriate for me to have this confidence and feel this way about you all, because you have me in your heart and I hold you in my heart as partakers and sharers, one and all with me, of grace (God's unmerited favor and spiritual blessing). [This is true] both when I am shut up in prison and when I am out in the defense and confirmation of the good news (the Gospel). 8For God is my witness how I long for and pursue you all with love, in the tender mercy of Christ Jesus [Himself]! 9And this I pray: that your love may abound yet more and more and extend to its fullest development in knowledge and all keen insight [that your love may display itself in greater depth of acquaintance and more comprehensive discernment], 10So that you may surely learn to sense what is vital, and approve and prize what is excellent and of real value [recognizing the highest and the best, and distinguishing the moral differences], and that you may be untainted and pure and unerring and blameless [so that with hearts sincere and certain and unsullied, you may approach] the day of Christ [not stumbling nor causing others to stumble]. 11May you abound in and be filled with the fruits of righteousness (of right standing with God and right doing) which come through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One), to the honor and praise of God [that His glory may be both manifested and recognized].

Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of yourselves, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. [He is] always striving for you earnestly in his prayers, [pleading] that you may [as persons of ripe character and clear conviction] stand firm and mature [in spiritual growth], convinced and fully assured in everything willed by God.

1 Thessalonians 3:10
[And we] continue to pray especially and with most intense earnestness night and day that we may see you face to face and mend and make good whatever may be imperfect and lacking in your faith.

Philemon 1:6
[And I pray] that the participation in and sharing of your faith may produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good [thing] that is ours in [our identification with] Christ Jesus [and unto His glory].

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker