Monday 24 August 2009

rekindling friendships (continued)

God brought another godly friend onto my path just two weeks ago.

I had known this friend as she attended the same church before she was married in the early 90s, and moved off to attend her husband's church. We had kept in touch with through their newsletters at least once a year, sometimes more often. Their newsletters regarding their ministry were always very interesting, with lessons from their experiences, and insights about God and His Word. Over this period, i probably replied only a few times.

We first knew each other when i was in secondary school, and she was in uni. I was only a few years younger, but mid to late teens can be quite different from early to mid twenties, and we moved in entirely different church groups. However, I remembered finding her very pretty (she is still very pretty) and her wedding invitation, which had the phrase: "each for the other, together for the Lord" impacted me. I used it for my own wedding a few years later.

A new acquaintance of mine was instrumental in bringing my friend's husband into a discussion meeting we had regarding a particular project i was helping out in. I immediately replied in the email that i knew this man, but i only replied to the new acquaintance. Later i forwarded this same email to all involved in the discussion meeting to remind them regarding the date and time. The very next day, my friend wrote that she wanted to meet up.

It was strange because she had also been thinking of me every since her friend, which was the ex-colleague i mentioned in my previous entry, shared with her about how God had answered her prayer about contacting me. At that time however, she just thought it was strange how my friend had found someone with the same name as me, and who also was a teacher. She didn't realise it was just one and the same person. I quickly replied and said yes, i would love to meet up with her.

We had a good time when we met up. She hadn't changed much, really, though it's been probably 15 years since i had seen her in person.

Half an hour into our date. My ex-colleague appeared - she had a gift for me too!

It was like hitting double jackpot for me. Haha! God doubly answered my prayer for godly friends. I believe we were mutually encouraged. I certainly was strengthened in my walk with God as i heard their testimonies of faith and God's goodness in their lives.

I'm looking forward to more dates with my godly friends.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker