Friday 28 August 2009

souls!

We had a time of refreshing in the Lord in prayer school yesterday, amongst the many other things we did, like ministering to the students, praying for one whose father is in a coma, and being prayed for.

As hands were laid on hubby and me, I felt the anointing of the Lord 'whoosh' into me, the weight of His anointing pushing me down on my knees. There was a burning in my spirit, and i knew it was a desire of the Lord. And as i opened my mouth, i was amazed at the force behind the word that was spoken: SOULS!! It was a cry that birthed from the very throne of God, a yearning that came forth from the very depths of my spirit, a desire that superseded all my other desires.

I had not realized the strength of that desire that God had placed in me. As i was pondering over these things, i began to understand that the Lord was showing me what my focus should always be.

I have been singing songs about the greater things God is going to do, the love of the Father in sending Jesus and how our response should be, and our desire to see the nations whole and healed, in preparation for a missions banquet this Sunday. I believe the Holy Spirit has been using these songs to touch my heart, and help me focus.

From each of the three songs, i thought i'd just share lines that have impacted me.

"Greater things have yet to come, Greater things are still to be done in (these) cities...
Where glory shines from hearts alive, with praise for you and love for you in (these) cities..."

"In sweet abandon, let me be spilled out and used up (wasted) for Thee."

"Break me for the nations
Let my heart become Your heart for all the world"

That last line is the very line that God showed me during that prayer time.
It was His heart speaking in my heart and from my mouth: SOULS!!

1 comment:

Deb. said...

Amen. I am standing with you in faith for the full fulfillment of His plan for your life. I am hooked up with you, and hanging on to God's promise of blessing for you as i recall the demand of blessing by Jabez, so is my prayer and demand of God for you. "Oh! That you would bless Lynette indeed! And expand her territories!That your hand be with her in all that she does, and keep her from all evil, that it may not grieve her!!" And God granted what I asked.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker