Sunday 20 September 2009

be strong and very courageous

I had been praying more often since the beginning of this week, and as i waited upon the Lord especially in the early morning, and just before i sleep. My desire was that i would see the way ahead clearly, to continue to put my whole trust in the promises of the Lord, and have the strength to walk out the plan of the Lord for our lives.

At times, during these times of prayer, i would briefly wonder whether i would hear from Him, but i remember that in the Word, He says He hears me when pray according to His will (1 John 5:14-15) and when i speak in tongues, i speak mysteries to God (1 Corinthians 14:2).

For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]. (AMP)

Thus i was assured that my answer would surely come, and that though my mind did not understand what i speak in tongues, my spirit being was edified (1 Corinthians 14:4 and Jude 20).

So i persevered through the week.

Isaiah 40:31 became so real to me during this week. I was literally strengthened as i waited, intertwined with the Lord. The amplified version says it well:

But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

In the meantime, God was showing me about the benefits of tongues. Even though i was seeking Him regarding an area in my life, I was able to pray for others. There were varied prayer assignments that arose during the week - friends in HK experiencing typhoon, people i don't know in parts of China experiencing the same typhoon which had shifted there, a friend undergoing urgent surgery, cousins' mum who had a fall and shattered her hip, church friends who experienced a series of difficulties recently, cousins' friends having marital problems.

I am not boasting about myself. If anything, i am boasting about His strength in me. When i was uncertain about my next step, i turned to Him, read the Word and was strengthened. Whilst in the process of being strengthened, still having no answers as yet in the natural, but having faith that God is with me, has heard me and will answer me, rivers of living water were flowing out from me (John 7:38).

He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (NKJV)

I could still minister and encourage others in the process because throughout this personal challenge i was facing, i was still plugged into God, drawing all the more upon His grace and strength.

It was a conscious and deliberate decision on my part to take my eyes off myself and my situation and onto God, and although i won't say it was a struggle, i won't say it was a piece of cake either. What i'll say is that the Holy Spirit led me and spoke to me when i read His Word, listened to online sermons, praise and worshiped Him, and as friends shared with me.

I started hearing from Him very clearly on Friday morning regarding what is ahead. This particular minister was sharing from Joshua 1:5-9, and the words BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS stood out.

5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (AMP)

3 times God spoke to Joshua the same phrase, and 3 times this phrase resounded in my spirit, especially the 2nd phrase: Only be strong and VERY courageous. I was much encouraged. As i meditated on this, things begin to fit together. I don't have all my answers yet, and i certainly don't have all the steps yet. But i know the attitude i can put on because God is with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is with me wherever i go. Verse 9 says clearly too that i should not be afraid nor dismayed, so i am shaking off those attitudes.

I will be strong and very courageous for my God is with me. Such blessed assurance!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker