Monday 7 September 2009

an open vision

I was at a fellowship with Christians and people of other faiths last Friday morning and we were watching an hour long testimony of believer. It was touching as he had a very difficult childhood, being born out of wedlock, a result of rape. But God had very different plans for him, and he lived, became a believer at the age of 15 and never turned back since.

At the end of his testimony, he gave an altar call, and many responded in the video. 2 ladies among us were already tearing, and the speaker himself was wiping tears off his face. The anointing and presence of God was strong, even in our room. The cry of my heart and of other believers was that God will touch those who did not know Him yet.

When the host of our fellowship asked whether we had any comments or responses, there was the usual awkward silence. After a while, as the host scanned round the room at the 12 of us, one lady spoke up, unable to control her tears: I saw Jesus smile at me. His face was full of love. I felt His love as He came towards me. He is very real. I'm sorry i'm crying.

I was tasked to follow up with her, so we just ended with prayer.

I went to her and spoke to her, and found out that it was an open vision. Her eyes were open, and she saw Jesus as the rest of us in the room faded. She said that Jesus is real, but so is Buddha - whom she is more familiar with, because of her family background. I responded that Buddha never professed to be god. Only Jesus did. She admitted that she had peace whenever she stepped into a church situation, and having studied in a mission school, and having been brought to church periodically by her aunt since she was seven, she admired the teachings of Jesus. But all, whether Jesus or Buddha, led to the same God. I explained further.

She understood but needed more time to come to a final decision, although she felt she was close to a decision. She again told her encounter with Jesus, amazed by His love, and wondered whether if she had not gone to the fellowship, would she have missed it. Perhaps she should have never gone. It was merely a casual decision to attend, and she received so much.

I assured her that this was an encounter planned by our loving God, and she should not miss it for anything.

I just realised while writing this that God's love is so great, that He would have gotten through to her in other ways. I will tell her the next time i speak to her.

1 comment:

Deborah, your friend said...

God is so merciful.. Tks for sharing.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker