Sunday 18 November 2007

Lord I'm hungry for a mighty move of God

The final song that the praise leader chose for prayer meeting just last Friday was tremendous. In fact, the whole set she prepared helped all of us to just move into the presence of God. I thanked her through sms the next day, and she said that these songs were in her heart the whole week. Praise God for the Holy Spirit!!

Once she started on the final song, it was almost like a lightning bolt had hit my very being - I was charged with a burning passion (yet again) - acutely aware of the presence of God and His heart for the church to grow. There was a cry from my spirit, in communion with the Holy Spirit, to see transformed lives within the church so that the Kingdom of God may be advanced.

Lord I'm hungry for a mighty move of God
Lord I'm thirsty; Pour out Your Holy Ghost
Lord I want to see the Hand of God
Move mightily inside of me

I'm hungry for a move of God

I've also been meditating on these 2 scriptures, and i just thought i'd share them with you:

Luke 4:18-19
18“The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.”

Acts 10:38
"How God anointed and consecrated Jesus of Nazareth with the [Holy] Spirit and with strength and ability and power; how He went about doing good and, in particular, curing all who were harassed and oppressed by [the power of] the devil, for God was with Him."

His power is already in me, working in me and through me to touch, influence and impact lives, breaking bondages spiritually, physically, emotionally!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker