Friday 4 January 2008

first blog of 2008 (updated)

This is my first blog of the year 2008, complete with photos. :D

i can't believe i'm awake in the middle of the night, after having slept for only 2.5 hours. i wonder whether it is the espresso i drank at 3pm today (took 10 hours to kick in). I don't often drink coffee, and usually latte (less coffee more milk), though rarely, like not more than once a month. So well, i am up... (grin).

These two phrases have been in my spirit the past 24 hours:

1. missions exist because worship doesn't (John Piper) - i just discovered from the younger of my two brothers who was the one who said it. I've had this statement on the first page of my bible for three years now. Now i've added the 'author'. I've been impacted by this statement regarding the importance of missions (and this includes discipleship - of preaching and teaching the truths so that more are equipped for the great commission) because of the heart of God who longs for fellowship with those He created.

2. i woke up yesterday morning before 5 am with the following phrase repeated again and again in my heart (This morning i woke up at 1 am. haha!):

rivers of living waters shall flow from you...
(see photo of waterfall taken in Dec 2007)

I just received from the Lord, placed my hands on sleeping hubby, and began to pray in tongues.

We want to preach, teach and heal in the Name of Jesus just like Jesus did, bringing LIFE to all we meet!

This picture was taken on the last day of 2007. I saw it, got excited, and just had to take a shot as it brought to my spirit Psalm 1:1-3 (ESV):-

1Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
3
He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

There is promise of fruitfulness and prosperity when we choose to obey the Lord.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker