Wednesday 9 January 2008

my christian heritage part 8(a) - prophetic statements

Besides the prophetic statement i made about the how my family will serve the Lord, i've had also received quite a few prophetic statements in those initial years which so much encouraged me in my walk with the Lord, and impacted my life, causing me to grow spiritually.

Indeed God continues to speak today through men and women. We just have to be careful to "test all things; hold fast to what is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

I've recorded most of them in my journals, but what i'll do here is to write my impressions from memory so there is a sense of them. To refer to my journals would result in too many details...

There was a man who came to our church on a weekday evening to share about his experiences in the Lord. This was probably about 16 or 17 years ago. He spoke of an intimate relationship with the Lord which was very appealing to me. He shared that he knelt down and greeted the Lord once he reached home - just to be aware of His presence. At the end of his sharing, there was a time of question and answer. I don't know what i asked, but his answer was to remain etched in my heart. Perhaps it was not a direct response to my question. It was probably a timely prophetic teaching.

"You are sensitive. Guard your vulnerability and sensitivity by abiding in Him. There is a difference between being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and to people around you. Don't get easily hurt. Learn allow the Lord to deal with those issues that affect you."

From then on, i began to differentiate between being sensitive to the Lord and being emotionally affected by what people said of me.

1 comment:

poelano said...

That is such a wonderful teaching my brother.Most of us are sensetive to what our brothers think of us to a point that sometimes we upset the Holy Spirit.Sometimes you know that God wants you to do something and because of fear of people you disobey him.Keep on believing and obeying GOD.May the sprit of Truth always guide you until our saviour comes back.feel free to visit my blog on www.poelano.blogspot.com.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker