Saturday 6 November 2010

prayer school series 2010 - part 13 (revelation of God's plans and purposes)

I taught the following on 15 July 2010:

Scripture reference: Psalms 139, Ephesians 3:1-5

Psalm 139:13-16 ... 13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret... 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

God's plans for us were written even before we were formed (v16). He knows those plans and He knows us thoroughly (v13-15).

Ephesians 3:1-5 1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles-- 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:

As we spend time with God, praying in the Spirit and reading of His Word, He will reveal His mysteries to my spirit and mind. (v4-5)

Therefore, since God's plans for us have already been written (Psa 139:16) and He will make them known to us through the Spirit (Eph 3:5) , we can 'pray out' God's future plans right now .

A possible way to 'pray out' God's plans

Sometimes words in our known language flow out while we pray in tongues. Set our heart on seeking the Lord, and speak out those disjointed syllabus, or sounds. He will reveal more and those words or sounds may start to become clearer in our mind.

Purpose for God's plans

A colleague prophesied, "Expect great things from the Lord. He wants His plans and purposes to be fruitful in our lives. And He is accomplishing this as we abide in Him. Fruitful lives are for others - that is the purpose of our lives in Him."

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker